Have you ever tried to do a remote desktop connection in Windows, and get the message that RDP is not enabled? Here is how you can fix that without going all the way to the remote machine.
- Run regedit, click File > “Connect Network Registry…”
- Browse or find the Windows machine you are trying to remote into, and open it’s registry.
- Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlTerminal Server
- Change the value of the key fDenyTSConnections from 1 to 0
- Now you can connect using remote desktop (mstsc).